Saving Lives with Safe Drinking Water!
There is a global health crisis. One-in-six people in the world lack safe drinking water. 80% of diseases in the developing world are caused by contaminated water, making water-related illnesses the leading cause of human sickness and death–the largest health crisis faced by humanity.
I can share many sad stories and present more grim data, but what I’d like to share with you is that there is tremendous hope and an incredible opportunity to turn this crisis around! We have an opportunity to come together as a socially conscious community to support efforts of Blue Planet Network (www.blueplanetnetwork.org), a Bay Area grassroots non-profit passionate about bringing sustainable drinking water to people in rural areas around the world!
Why should you support Blue Planet Network?
1) One-in-six people in the world lack safe drinking water.
2) Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death.
3) 80 percent of diseases in the developing world are caused by contaminated water.
4) The water and sanitation crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.
5) This represents the largest health crisis facing humanity, period.
6) BUT, THERE IS HOPE! Proven solutions to the water problem exist, such as digging wells and rainwater harvesting. Proper funding and a collective will can make universal safe drinking water a reality.